Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cat In The Hat Rhyme Birthday Invite

Fathers ...

to go with my last "Who am I" post I recently searched the Internet in any mood for photos of my father ...
For all who do not know: I do not know him. My mother divorced when I was three or four - we moved to my grandparents, and since then I have had no contact with him.
It took me but never really interested, get to know him. My sister has met him some time ago, I also asked if I would like to see him, but the interest was not there.

What is this? Do we really father and mother? Is it really important to have a father - not simply enough, a male role - grandpa Uncle, neighbor - whom I always had.

What made me then actually still astonished that should it ever be my father, I have found ... He has a life! Until now it was for me always in the background, so to speak, a shadow person ... But why he should not have a "life" - to be with the fire brigade, the rescue, in the politics of location - wherever, at the local curling club, tennis, ...
He lives his life, goes on holiday, meets with friends, going to parties or balls, ... But why not?
I wonder often what I have of him could .. For me it was always like that for me only my family Mama was - my grandparents and aunts and uncles - there was no "you've made the family" - I always wanted to be like my grandma was and suddenly (no, not of course suddenly) I realize there are really another family. My cousin I have virtually been met and hopefully I get to know him personally time soon ... But if I want to know my Father also ...

I do not know .... maybe I am for him, too, just a "shadow person" ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment